Consenso all'uso dei cookies

Istituzionale -- Informatica -- Forum2 -- CercaGlobale -- Informativa su Cookie e Privacy

Valutazione discussione:
  • 0 voto(i) - 0 media
Port 2017 universally declared to Red Wine?
Port lovers have never had it so good it seems: after the universal declaration of the 2016 vintage comes news today that all the Symington estates, including Graham’s, Dow’s, Warre’s and Cockburn’s, as well as Noval and Romaneira have all declared 2017 as a vintage year too. I expect everyone else will declare soon too.
Cita messaggio
Symington say "From the family’s earliest harvest to date, the 2017 Vintage Port’s low yield and exceptional quality will see volumes reach a third of those created for the 2016 Vintage Port."
Cita messaggio
(15-04-2019, 12:02 )robingotten Ha scritto: Symington say "From the family’s earliest harvest to date, the 2017 Vintage Port’s low yield and exceptional quality will see volumes reach a third of those created for the 2016 Vintage Port."

Golly, and off the back of 2016, it must be good. I thought these chaps only released on St George’s Day?Coincidentally I was trying to find out about the 2017s only a couple of days ago but could only see a rather odd article on Tim Atkin's site.
Cita messaggio
Bill - what I'm trying to say is that de Montille wines are usually beautifully redolent of the soil but that they are also often quite rigidly closed for a surprisingly long time, whether that comes from the oft-touted whole cluster fermentations or some other aspect of the vinification and/or elevage. In lighter vintages you get a sense of that really attractive transparency earlier on. I have 1995s, 1996s, and 2003s that are still not ready, whereas the 2007 Beaune 1er crus are really joyful at the moment.
Cita messaggio
(15-04-2019, 12:03 )steerforthresistant Ha scritto: Bill - what I'm trying to say is that de Montille wines are usually beautifully redolent of the soil but that they are also often quite rigidly closed for a surprisingly long time, whether that comes from the oft-touted whole cluster fermentations or some other aspect of the vinification and/or elevage. In lighter vintages you get a sense of that really attractive transparency earlier on. I have 1995s, 1996s, and 2003s that are still not ready, whereas the 2007 Beaune 1er crus are really joyful at the moment.

A completely different winemaking team and approach in 95/96, 03, 07 and now is what I suspect Bill is referring to, Richard. The old 11% wines are absolutely a thing of the past, and when one gets the rare chance to drink the old bottles one rather regrets it!
Cita messaggio
Is it a conscious change of style - I think the wider trend has surely been others lightening the touch - and in which direction in your (much greater) experience?
Cita messaggio
Memorable meals ar all concerning finding the correct recipes, freshest ingredients, spectacular guests and an ideal wine match. while not the correct combine, you run the danger of your meal falling flat. If you're a food fan, then you'd undoubtedly appreciate a fine food meal with the most effective appetizers, desserts, side items, and drinks that every one absolutely complement one another. After all, what to serve with food ought to revolve around one thing: the meal itself. one in every of the foremost necessary elements of an excellent food meal is what you drink with it

Perfect Meal Pairings
Cita messaggio

Vai al forum:

Utenti che stanno guardando questa discussione: 1 Ospite(i)