Consenso all'uso dei cookies

Istituzionale -- Informatica -- Forum2 -- CercaGlobale -- Informativa su Cookie e Privacy

Valutazione discussione:
  • 0 voto(i) - 0 media
Pros and Cons of IPE Decking
Hey everyone, One of my prospects is quizing me on IPE decking. I've heard of it but that's about it. I've been looking around for a couple days online and I'm so glad I found your site. Can some of ya'll give me some real experienced advise and info about this stuff. Everything I've read online sounds almost too good too be true. What about cracking, splinters, finishing it and how often? You know the usual questions folks ask us about. Thanks so much for your time.
Cita messaggio
(05-02-2019, 09:19 )steerforthresistant Ha scritto: Hey everyone, One of my prospects is quizing me on IPE decking. I've heard of it but that's about it. I've been looking around for a couple days online and I'm so glad I found your site. Can some of ya'll give me some real experienced advise and info about this stuff. Everything I've read online sounds almost too good too be true. What about cracking, splinters, finishing it and how often? You know the usual questions folks ask us about. Thanks so much for your time.

I think the main thing you need to consider is that it is EXTREMELY time consuming to install. You need to use screws, you need to predrill and countersink every hole, any boards that are not perfectly straight will be a bitch to straighten, you need to wax the ends of each piece after cutting. You could build several Trex decks in the time it takes to build one ipe deck.
Cita messaggio
I used it on my own deck and I am very pleased with the results. I have not had any checking or splintering. I applied a clear presvitive on both sides before installing and using Anchor Seal on all cuts. Like previous posters stated, pre drill is a must. There are several concealed options available. I also chose to let it gray out.

[Immagine: https://www.deckconstructionpa.com/sites...k=7I_hGfq_]
Cita messaggio
This has good general information on Ipe. Also do a search here, it has been discussed hundreds of times, so much so that many are probably tired typing the same info. As David said, it is time consuming. Because of the density, you need to pre drill everything and that adds time. Also, even with pre drilling, you will break some stainless steel screws, so dealing with those adds to it too. In general, its a best decking you can use but factor in the time for your pricing. For your first deck, I would probably say the labor will be close to tripled.
Cita messaggio
(05-02-2019, 09:21 )steerforthresistant Ha scritto: This has good general information on Ipe. Also do a search here, it has been discussed hundreds of times, so much so that many are probably tired typing the same info. As David said, it is time consuming. Because of the density, you need to pre drill everything and that adds time. Also, even with pre drilling, you will break some stainless steel screws, so dealing with those adds to it too. In general, its a best decking you can use but factor in the time for your pricing. For your first deck, I would probably say the labor will be close to tripled.

Everybody loves the synthetic but ipe looks a hell of a lot better. Its hell on blades, its very dense and has weird fiberglass looking shards, and I've used trim guns that won't put a nail all the way through it. Stainless screws love to strip out in it too. But when you're done you will have a bulletproof deck that looks infinitely better than some plastic crap.
Cita messaggio
Most all of the exotic hardwoords such as teak make for beautiful decks. Ipe' has been used forever and continues to be used. It would be my first choice if I wasn't going the PT or engineered route.
Cita messaggio
If you want that deck to keep looking good you have to ask yourself what wood has a class A fire rating is so dense that it is resistant to checking, rot, bugs, splinters, decay, and mold? The answer is simple, no other wood will be able to resist natural elements, as well as Ipe does. Paying the little bit extra for Ipe is almost like an insurance policy against all of these elements that seek to destroy your deck. Ipe decking
Cita messaggio

Vai al forum:

Utenti che stanno guardando questa discussione: 1 Ospite(i)